All of Scripture points to one essential and unavoidable truth: God, in His perfect wisdom and mercy, reaches out by His grace to save us from brokenness in exchange for a simple heart of faith. This truth is woven through the entire word of God, from beginning to end, if we will only take the time to search for it.
I have no claim to mastery or authority in sharing God’s truth; I have only the desire to search it and know it. The thoughts I share here are sometimes rough and sometimes polished, but in writing them down and hashing them out I hope to gain a better understanding of the threads of mercy throughout God’s word. The thoughts I share aren’t perfect, at times maybe not even all that good, they are just what flows out of my time studying and reflecting on God’s truth.
A little about me…
- I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 18 years.
- God has blessed us with three handsome boys and a beautiful life.
- I am a stay-at-home homeschooling mom on a mission to reach the hearts of my boys for Christ (and not-so-secretly desire to be a traveling homeschooling mom sharing a mission to reach the hearts of the world with those boys).
- My head and heart are always full of music, so at the end of a post you’ll almost always find a song that came to mind as I was studying or writing.
A little about what I believe…
- There is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the fully inspired and infallible word of God.
- I believe in the person of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, and promise to return.
- All people are sinners, but all can be saved from eternal separation from God by His grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
Welcome to my quiet little corner of the world. I’m honored you’ve chosen to spend time with me as I share my life and heart.
Until All Have Heard…